- Creating Your Best Life: The Ultimate Life List Guide, by Caroline Adams Miller, MAPP, and Michael B. Frisch
- Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists, by Lisa Nola and Nathaniel Russell
- Dream It. List It. Do It!: How to Live a Bigger & Bolder Life, by Lia Steakley and the editors of "43 Things"
- John Goddard, adventurer and motivational speaker, wrote down a list of 127 goals at age 15. View his Web site and life list at: johngoddard.info
- More than a million members have shared their life lists and achievements on 43things.com. Log on to add your own goals, and see who else has similar aspirations.
- "Check it off, before you check out!", reads the headline on reaperlist.com. You can create your life list on the site, and either keep it private or share it with others.
- Get inspired to explore the world on horseback, discovering history, culture, food, and adventure with Equitrekking, the Emmy nominated travel television series hosted by Darley Newman, and broadcasted on PBS stations across the nation; equitrekking.com
- The Bucket List (2007): starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson; two characters diagnosed with terminal illnesses, who decide to do all the things they've always meant to do before they die--or "kick the bucket"--hence the term, "bucket list."
- Seabiscuit (2003): starring Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges, and Chris Cooper; based on book by Lauren Hillenbrand; during the Great Depression a longshot "underdog" racehorse inspires the nation with his victories.
- National Velvet (1944): starring Elizabeth Taylor, Mickey Rooney, and Angela Lansbury; jaded former jockey helps a young girl prepare a wild, but gifted horse for England's Grand National Steeplechase.
- Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (1991): starring Gabrielle Anwar, Cliff Robertson, and Michael Schoeffling; teenage runaway Sonora makes her way to Atlantic City during the Great Depression, aspiring to be one of the glamorous "horse-diving girls."