Does the weather have you stuck inside? Here are a few barn-related tasks that you can complete inside to keep you busy.
- Clean your tack and attire. This one’s a no-brainer. Take the time to meticulously clean all of your tack—leather gear, bits, spurs, and cinches. It’s tedious, but you’ll be happy you did it when better weather arrives. Send any special show clothes to the dry cleaner, and do any mending or altering required.
- Plan your schedule. Map out all of the show, trail rides, or clinics you want to participate in during the coming months, then budget how you’ll get there and plan what you’ll need for each event. Bonus: You’ll have something to look forward to when cabin fever gets you down.
- Schedule maintenance vet appointments. Get appointments on the books now, so you get the times and dates that work best for your schedule and you don’t have to settle for what’s available when you call last minute.
- Dust off that DVD library. Review your favorite training and philosophy DVDs for a refresher course and to inspire you to set new goals.
- Watch yourself. You probably forgot to view those barrel runs or trail courses you had your friend record. Get them out now, and critique your rides. Use your DVD library to determine how to correct your mistakes and resolve any training issues.
[RELATED: CHECK OUT HORSE&RIDER ONDEMAND]